Thursday, December 10, 2015

Stray

When you can't help yourself, help others! 

I walked over a sewer drain in the parking lot and scared the bejesus out of a young, skittish cat. Later I saw it emerge and forage for food. It was patient, but I did not need to wait too long because its patience was of a young and hungry variety. I left a can of tuna out for it to find. Its tail swayed happily as it ate. 

The stray was frightened of every sound, movement, and human. It reminded me of my former cat... and myself. I let it eat undisturbed between two shopping carts outside its sewer emergency shelter.

It was a beautiful young cat, with shining eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can add Images, Colored Text and more to your comment.
See instructions at http://macrolayer.blogspot.com..