Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Diary

OK so I found my water bottle and my USB drive in my car. Gloves are still AWOL. 

Got buffeted by rain last night. Came across a rest area, so I pulled in to sleep there. There were so many parked trucks and it was hard to see in the rain, so I accidentally drove to the trucker's side of the lane. It was like a tunnel of trucks from one end of the lane to the other. Everybody pulled off the road to sleep.

On the left side of my car, which was downstream of the highway, I felt these weird vibrations against my feet while I slept. Logically, those were caused by cars driving by and I couldn't feel the vibrations on the right side of the car because my head wasn't touching that side. But it felt like there was machinery in my left car door using a jackhammer to break down my fortress. 

I'm in Radford. No public WiFI in the university library... typical. But I have hopes for this town. It's got an airy feel to it. There's public 2hr parking close by. And these colorful trees welcomed me.

There's public WiFi at the Radford Public Library, kind of. You need a user account and password that I guess citizens can sign up for. I asked one of the staff, and he just gave me the employee WiFi password. So we're good to go until 8 pm closing. A solid 6 hours of watching Linux download and wasting my precious Internet time. :-) Hopefully not, this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can add Images, Colored Text and more to your comment.
See instructions at http://macrolayer.blogspot.com..