Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Diary in pictures - the cities I'm stopping by

The Holidays are upon me, literally.

Salem, VA.

2015.11.30 4 pm

The white spray paint on the library window smudged off onto my jacket, covering my back with Holiday cheer.

A lady tutored five high school students at the desk I was sitting. There was hardly any tutoring happening. They did a few problems aloud then carried a conversation about other things.

Kids' grades aren't bad from lack of instruction, but from lack of interest. Teaching is getting your enthusiasm across. The rest is learning, and that's the student's job.


81 South, outside Radford.

2015.12.01 1 am

The rainy conditions persuaded many trucks off the road. A long line of trucks parked on either side of the pathway formed a tunnel that stretched from the entrance of the rest area all the way to the exit.

Foggy rain


Truck tunnel from the outside


Radford welcomes you.

Radford, VA

2015.12.01 1 pm

Public city parking near Radford University. The colorful trees formed a small welcoming committee.

Got my car inspection done in 15 minutes. There was a garage right next to where I parked. Cost $16 instead of the maximum price of $23 set by state law that places in Fairfax charge. Yay!

Getting the sticker updated was a weight of my mind. Now that it's done, I'm free to leave the state.


Eating in the car can be dangerous. Always use protection.
When eating take-out in your car, take extra precautions to be safe! I came across a Chinese-Mongolian-with-Sushi restaurant in downtown. The waitstaff were students from the nearby university, white. Talk about mashing every culture you can find into one place!

I had the Hunan Chicken for $5. The black bean sauce tasted delicious because I haven't had Chinese food in a long time. Sure beats KFC! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can add Images, Colored Text and more to your comment.
See instructions at http://macrolayer.blogspot.com..