Sunday, April 10, 2016

Travel journals

Saturday, April 9th.
Idaho Falls, ID

This place is nice. Has a small-town feel. Sitting on the porch, watching the kids run around the playground kind of feeling.

Russ Freeman Park
But there's also a lot of businesses and services unobtrusively nestled. It has Grand Teton shopping mall. There's a National Laboratory and a Center for Advanced Energy Studies next to the Russ Freeman Park.

The Snake River runs through town. It reminds me of Charles River, running through Cambridge, MA. It's a nice place for a summer weekend with the family. Walking through a nearby park, I felt like at any moment my childhood best-friend and his dog could come running up to meet me.

A walk in the park
I took off my shoes and walked barefoot on the lush, cool grass. A pair of BFF girlfriends were laughing on the swings. Two young boys rolled down the hill from a memorial to the Vietnam War. A father and his ideal family: a wife, a daughter, and a son - were throwing Frisbee golf. After taking the tour, I played flute for a while under a tree.



Frisbee golf 'hole'
Swings
Vietnam memorial

Public Library

Being 'green'
Koi pond

Book-face contest:





Mental health:




Pop culture:

Drappit laik iz hawt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can add Images, Colored Text and more to your comment.
See instructions at http://macrolayer.blogspot.com..