Monday, April 11, 2016

Travel journals

Sunday, April 10th
Idaho Falls, ID


Walked along Snake River. Came across a shallow but wide man-made water fall. Likely where the name of the town comes from... not realizing until today, LOL.



There's a prominent church that reaches over the river. I took many pictures and most views included the gold figure atop the church.





Had a picnic on the water bank. Lunch with Mary Shelley's novel. She is a naive author of 18. She writes about ships, arctic voyages, science and noble love... but she doesn't have the life experience to have anything poignant to show the reader with convincing details. The stage is reduced to a water-color school production.


Yet, to my amusement... Victor Frankenstein tells us how important 'Natural Philosophy' is to him: "Natural philosophy is the genius that has regulated my fate; I desire, therefore, in this narration, to state those facts which led to my predilection for that science." LOL. What a suitable introduction for my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can add Images, Colored Text and more to your comment.
See instructions at http://macrolayer.blogspot.com..