Friday, April 29, 2016

Travel journals

Wednesday, April 27th
Ellensberg,WA to Sequim, WA

sunset in Shelton, WA north of Olympia

Drove all day today. I'm so excited to be outside Olympic National Park. I'm just tired. Been sleeping at 3 am and waking around 9 am for the past four days. I'm cranky and hangry and tiredgry. At least the morning is cloudy so I didn't wake up in a steam box.

Woke up in some Walmart in Covington, WA outside Tacoma - closest one I could find after traveling through Snoqualmie Pass through the mountains the night before. But I parked too close to the store and every fucking deadbeat who parked next to me in the morning had to rev his engine to 500000 rpm before backing out of the lot.


Washington state is kinduva pain in the ass. High sales and restaurant tax (~ 9%). Congested roads and population. Stuff seems planned to in a crappy way that makes your life inconvenient.


20.5% Spirits Tax
$3.7708 WA Spirits Per Liter Tax

The Walmart outside Tacoma had this fucked up orientation like no other Walmart. Except for left or right handedness, all Walmart stores follow the same layout. (I've been to every one of the thousand in the United States, so I know.) I'm all for being different, but not when it's bad and stupid. This one had the groceries in the center, in freezer display cases instead of along one side.



They had no cooked meat or prepared foods department. No fresh salads, very few produce. They kept yogurt behind a glass door, with no Tillamook brand even though there was for butter. I couldn't find anything, because they didn't have anything and I was hangry and tired as fuck from driving.

Daddy daughter kink

The area around Tacoma was a real shit fest of congested roads. Roads were rough and the four lane highway was cramped, windy, and narrow. I didn't even stop in town, 'cause the off-ramp was full and not moving. The speed limit in this entire state is retardedly slow, maxing out at 60 mph on the highway. The cars couldn't get away from trucks at 10:30 am. There were trucks in every lane. Trucks drove at 65 mph, so you had to go 70 to pass, and cops were pulling people over for speeding.

It wasn't until after Olympia, WA that the traffic was normal and I could drive again.

Here all the gas stations only advertise the cash price. They don't tell you how much to pay with a card until you get out of your car. It's a hassle. And this station I pulled into, they didn't have credit card readers on the pump.



The lady across from me was topping off by tapping the nozzle. Each time she took a little gas, my constant stream would lose pressure and make me take longer to get gas, like when someone flushes the toilet when you're taking a shower. I was laughing like an idiot at how everything in this state makes your life inconvenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can add Images, Colored Text and more to your comment.
See instructions at http://macrolayer.blogspot.com..