Wednesday, October 28, 2015

"Having no choice" is a Choice

I don't value keeping myself alive more than making my life worthwhile.

I'm pulling myself away from depression to find a job. I want to do it all at once so I don't ever need to do it again and I don't want to do any of it. What I hate most is that I don't want what I'm working to get. Day in and day out of doing this will make me recede back into depression, stop doing anything, stop eating, sleep through the day, or stay up for days.

I hate that everybody I talk to says they have no choice but do what they hate because it is forced upon them to make money and stay alive. We always have a choice. Believing we have no choice is a choice we make. Oppression works because we choose fear and self-preservation above all else.

Resistance at the level of each individual breaks oppression. It changes the outcomes to total annihilation or bargaining. Stand united. Either you kill us all or you permit us equitable life, but we will not allow you to herd us like sheep, and selectively isolate and murder our kind.

People in a for-profit culture behave like spineless slaves that only live for self-interest. When we care only about our personal survival, how can we ever stand up to intimidation? A unified strong force will prevail over a thousand, a million, an endless number of spineless slaves.

The oppressed say, the strong force has more power than me, so I have no choice. Not realizing that the population of the oppressed outnumbers that of the powerful, and that it is their self-interest that allows those in power to exploit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can add Images, Colored Text and more to your comment.
See instructions at http://macrolayer.blogspot.com..