Saturday, October 31, 2015

Dizzy and Rico Reunion - 15 Year Anniversary of Starship Troopers

"I thought they wanted to be my friend..."

"They did!"




Dialogue is transcribed below.

Dina is answering a panel question: "Did you have something growing up where you find yourself to be a bit of a tomboy that helped you choose that role?"


Dina:
...as well as having... many... (uh...) male friends growing up.

So I think ... it was just the friendships that kind of influenced... (uh...) my... (uh...) me.
(Well...)  [Awkward pause]

[Reacting to her words, Casper raises his eyebrows then makes silent gestures to the audience. Shrugs, rolls eyes, strokes his chin ironically]

[Crowd laughs.]

[Dina looks over at Casper.]

[Casper gives a "Well, what can I say? What do you expect?" shrug, then breaks his silence.]

Casper:
You said, you had... surprisingly enough, a lot of male friends.

Dina: (trying to get a word in) 
Yes, male friends.

Casper: (continues uninterrupted) 
I'm like, yeah that's not... surprising...

[Crowd laughs]

The guys were probably like, "Oooh! I'll be your friend! Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! Me! "

Dina: 
No, actually -

Casper:
Ohhh me!" [Raises his hand emphatically]

[Crowd laughs]

Yeah it was probably really rough, you know... The guys were probably like, "Yeah... no. I don't want to talk to you."

Dina:
Well... I thought they wanted to be my friend.

Casper:
They did!

How many guys would like to be her friend?

[Crowd roars in approval]

Outstanding!

The other... the guys that didn't raise their hands...

[Casper hides his face under his hand.]

Dina:
You wanted to be Casper's friends.

[Crowd hollers in laughter and applause.]

Casper:
Ya- Then you'd still end up wanting to be her friend too.

Dina:
Well you'd be friends with me indirectly.

Casper:
But it'd be a different kind of friend.

Dina:
Yea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can add Images, Colored Text and more to your comment.
See instructions at http://macrolayer.blogspot.com..